Thursday, March 18, 2010

Lemon-Ginger Iced Tea with Berry Cubes

My mother requested this drink and so I am on my today to get a pitcher over to her!
I am freezing up the fruit now, I used raspberries and blackberries:)


RECIPE: By 2008, Ellie Krieger. Foodnetwork

1 cup (4 ounces) raspberries, rinsed


Water for ice cube trays, plus 8 cups water, divided

1/3 cup honey

1/2 cup (2 ounces) coarsely chopped fresh ginger

6 white tea bags

3 lemons, juiced (about 1/2 cup)

Lemon slices

Mint sprigs, for garnish

Directions

Place about 4 raspberries in each compartment of an ice cube tray, 6 hours before serving iced tea. Fill with water and freeze.

Place honey, 2 cups water and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Let mixture steep for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour, then strain out solids.

In a pitcher combine strained liquid with 6 cups water and lemon juice. Chill in refrigerator.

To serve, place 3 ice cubes in a tall glass and pour iced tea over cubes. Garnish with lemon slices and mint sprigs.

Per Serving:

(1 serving equals 1 1/2 cups iced tea plus ice cubes)

Calories 80; Total Fat 0 g; (Sat Fat 0 g, Mono Fat 0 g, Poly Fat 0 g) ; Protein 0 g; Carb 21 g; Fiber 2 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 15 mg
Excellent source of: Vitamin C

So I made it and it was DELICIOUS! My mom loved it!
I think vodka would be yummy inside, I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment