Saturday, May 1, 2010

Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups BETTER THAN A REESE'S CUP!!

This is from the book The Kind Diet on page 183
I will say it's super easy and no oven required (my favorite part)
MAKES 12

-Earth Balance Butter (non butter:) 1/2 CUP
-graham crackers (about 10 crushed up) put in a plastic bag and bang them with a meat tenderizer!
-homemade peanut butter (chunky) or you can buy some organic in a jar you will need 3/4 CUP
-maple sugar (or you can use organic granulated sugar) 1/4 CUP
- Grain Sweetened, nondairy chocolate (I Just bought Trader Joe's brand of chips in a bag) 1 CUP
-and if you like you can add walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc. on top (I did all of those plus made a few of plain because my son prefers no nuts in his:) Approx. 1/4 CUP CHOPPED UP
-Rice, soy or nut milk ( I used Almond Milk) 1/4 CUP



Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners (if you can use try to find unbleached ones made from recycled paper).

Melt the Earth Balance in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the peanut butter, graham crackers crumbs, and the maple sugar and mix well. Remove the mixture from the heat. Evenly  divide the mixture, approximately 2 tablespoons per cup, among the muffin cups

Combine the chocolate and almond (rice or soy) milk over medium heat until chocolate is melted. Place in the refrigerator to set for at LEAST 2 HOURS before serving! Simply Divine!!!

OH! I JUST FOUND SOME OLD PICS FROM WHEN I MADE MY FIRST BATCH:) *NOTE: They are not in "ORDER"



How they appear in the book (left)


















my cups!!


I made my chunky peanut butter the 1st time in VitaMix and the 2nd time in my simpl, Magic Bullet.


Here is the chocolate I used (it was very good).





This is how the mixture should look (goes on the bottom of cups:)



No comments:

Post a Comment